How is this for a great deal on eating out? First, find a soon-to-open Chick-Fil-A (Google Chic-Fil-A Top 100 openings….could not get my link to work) and be one of the first 100 crazies to show up at 6:00 a.m. the day before opening. Second, stay overnight which means enduring bad weather, middle-of-the-night annoying car horns, and talkative neighbors. Last, shake hands with the manager and receive FREE CHICK-FIL-A FOR A YEAR – which translates into one free value meal for each week of the year! For my fellow gotta-get-a-deal friends out there, this is approximately a $300 value and the opportunity to eat out guilt-free!
For those of you wishing to save money in the eating out category on your budget, let me give you a little closer look at what happens. A parking lot cluttered with tents. Guys and children throwing football and/or frisbees in the middle of a school day. A radio station talkshow host taking calls over the loudspeaker (most of which deal with the greatness of LSU Tiger football!). The Chick-Fil-A staff organizing various games – relay races, limbo, hot potato, a scavenger hunt, etc. – throughout the day. And the day was capped off with dinner (chicken…what else?) and a movie (Toy Story 3 in the parking lot).
So here’s my top 5 list of why you ought to do a Chick-Fil-A campout thing….
- You can temporarily reduce the eating out budget line item to zero – obviously, you will be eating quite a bit of chicken if you do this but it sure beats cooking and washing dishes!
- Feed your adventurous side – now if you don’t have that side, maybe this is your grand chance to develop a new aspect of your personality??
- You get semi-free babysitting – our kids played really well with the others and required a minimum of dad’s child-rearing interventions.
- See what it’s like to be self-employed – I couldn’t or wouldn’t have done anything like this with my previous job… nearly all of the whopping 10 days of vacation were spent at Christmas & Thanksgiving.
- Your kids (at least if they’re 10 and under) will have a blast! – our kids loved it and would do it again in a heartbeat (this was their second…my first)
This week there will be a PRIZE for giving a comment. And what better PRIZE than a free Chick-Fil-A meal for your family (family member limit: 12). Only catch is to give your feedback in the comment(s) and then you’ll be in the drawling – which will be on Friday (12/2/2011) of this week.
So here’s the question: When great savings deals have you discovered in regards to dining?